Do you have signs of ageing? Are you having trouble with flexibility and movement, perhaps misplacing your keys or forgetting names?
Maybe you have noticed more grey hairs recently?
Ageing in itself, is not a disease; it is a natural part of life. Yet we search high and low for the fountain of youth as we pass through our 30's and beyond.
The ageing processes in our bodies continues throughout our lives and over time, increases the chances of suffering from degenerative conditions.
Ageing can lead to a reduction in our physical and mental functioning and contribute to the onset of chronic disease. Adopting a healthy ageing lifestyle can help slow the pace of accelerated ageing, so that you live a long, healthy and happy life.
Wherever you are on the journey of life, there are opportunities to slow down the ageing process.
Ask us today how we can help you age well.
Adopt a Healthy Ageing Lifestyle
A healthy ageing lifestyle requires optimal nutrition through a healthy diet and lifestyle, supported by appropriate supplementation to form the foundation of good health.
A nutrient dense diet includes protein, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds and healthy oils. Being active and taking time out are also important ingredients in a healthy, happy life; so make sure you stay active and enjoy fun and relaxation on most days. A healthy ageing lifestyle is the insurance you need to keep you healthy and vital for years to come.
Looking After the Genes in Your Jeans
Our genes, or our DNA, are extremely important for longterm health! Our cells cannot function correctly if our DNA becomes damaged. Alzheimer's disease sufferers have been found to have greater levels of DNA damage, which may be both a cause and consequence of this disease* DNA damage is associated with many chronic health conditions, including cancer.
It is therefore imperative that we support our DNA health to achieve our goal of healthy ageing.
A healthy lifestyle and optimal nutrition are effective ways to support our overall wellbeing. Key herbs and nutrients to support healthy ageing and help protect our DNA include:
• Resveratrol and turmeric: Can provide us with antiageing benefits, by protecting the cardiovascular system and supporting metabolic health. Specifically, they help conquer inflammation and oxidative stress imbalances in our body, which accelerate the ageing process and lead to chronic disease.
• Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG): This active ingredient in green tea is rich in antioxidants and can protect against degenerative conditions.
• Grape seed: Grape seed has been used since ancient times in Greece. It can protect DNA from damage and has a broad spectrum of uses for the ageing individual, offering anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic and cardioprotective qualities.
• Probiotics: Specific strains of probiotics such as Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG®), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bi-07) and Lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM) have been well researched for their beneficial effect on the digestive system, helping to keep your insides functioning well too.
• Fish oil: High quality fish oil, with the active ingredients, EPA and DHA, can support cardiovascular health and brain function, as well as reduce inflammation. This is particularly important for conditions such as arthritis. Keep your joints supple, your heart healthy and your nervous system happy with a high quality fish oil supplement daily.
Talk to us today about how you can take preventative measures to reduce your risk of premature ageing and fight against degenerative diseases.
We are familiar with the importance of having fun with friends and family. Relaxation and regular exercise also help promote health and wellbeing especially as we age; but our brains need regular exercise too. Try out these great exercises to improve your brain health and maintain thinking skills for years to come: • Puzzles such as crosswords, sudoku or jigsaw puzzles. • Reading – pick up a novel or the daily newspaper. • Challenge your brain – learn a language or master a new skill.
Staying on the Wellness Wagon
It can be easy at times to fall off the wellness wagon. Having a natural healthcare Practitioner to support you not only in time of sickness, but also with wellness, can help to keep you ageing gracefully on both the inside and outside.
Subtle changes to your health can be identified and addressed using natural options before chronic symptoms have time to manifest.
Happier Healthier Ageing
Ask yourself what motivates you most to live a long, happy life?
Perhaps you want to regain your energy and mobility to keep up with your grandchildren? Perhaps you want to live a longer, happier, healthier life, or improve management of a pre-existing condition?
Graceful ageing can be started from any age. With the help of your natural healthcare Practitioner, you can get the most from your golden years and keep on track for a happier, healthier you.
*Fenech MF. Dietary reference values of individual micronutrients and nutriomes for genome damage prevention: current status and a road map to the future. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;91(5):1438S-1454S.